Sunday, January 20, 2013

0 degree DIY {Infinity Scarf}

If you're visiting from Pinterest, welcome! Feel free to look around and check out my other DIYs.

So it's been slowly getting colder and colder and colder here. I will not go outside unless its to walk to my car, so I've been thinking of DIYs to do.
My friends, Megan and Lauren (hey girls!), wanted matching scarves. I found this cute fabric at Joann's that could easily be worn in the winter with a black sweater and in the spring/summer with a white t.
Super easy to make. Mine was 20 inches wide and 60 inches long (this will decrease slightly after sewing).




1. Fold in half.
2. Sew the long sides together.
3. Sew one short side.
4. Flip right side out.
5. Tuck the already sewn side into the open side and sew together.

Here's the finished product!

Here's more colors I've made:

find this fabric here

This one I made shorter so it can be worn close the the neck or long.

find this fabric here


9 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! You made it look easy enough I'm going to have to try it, Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, easy tutorial! Too bad it's 90+ degrees here in Albuquerque, NM already!
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the easy to follow instructions. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...quick question .... Was your fabric 20 inches wide after folding or before? And 60 inches long .... Before or after joining the ends? I ask because I just purchased one and it's sheer fabric and it's 36 x36 after the ends were sewn...which means 72 inches before it was folded in half ..... Maybe because it's sheer fabric and not doubled over before joining the ends ... Lay it flat and it's 36 inches square .... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi...quick question .... Was your fabric 20 inches wide after folding or before? And 60 inches long .... Before or after joining the ends? I ask because I just purchased one and it's sheer fabric and it's 36 x36 after the ends were sewn...which means 72 inches before it was folded in half ..... Maybe because it's sheer fabric and not doubled over before joining the ends ... Lay it flat and it's 36 inches square .... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial! I can't wait to make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have made this so simple and easy to follow! thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love reading your comments and respond (via email) to each comment!

Pin It button on image hover